Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Three Years Later

I said I had issues focusing and I wasn't making it up. I think it's interesting that I had a desire to check this dusty blog out today, almost 3 years to the day of when I made my very first entry and then abandoned it like an old pair of shoes at the thrift shop. What have I been doing for three years then? Well, first I'm now 46 so I've been ageing as we mortals do. Somehow 43 sounds so much better and so much further from 50, but there we are. I've already had the first thoughts of where my 50th celebration will be held and let's just say for now that it involves wine country, Sonoma or Santa Inez, and G thinks I'm properly bonkers, but I like to look forward to things and we're only talking about three years and we've already witnessed how fast 3 years can fly by.

I also have a new job, back to doing what I seem to do best and that is marketing and PR for emerging technology. I tried to switch gears but discovered I missed the fast-pace of the technology world and writing about stuff that very few if my friends and family understand. G thinks I am a secret agent scientist of some sort. My dad still has no idea even though I've been at it for years. Last year I had to take a conference call with some industry analysts while staying at his house in Ohio and at one point he picked up the other extension and asked if I wanted pizza for dinner!! I felt like I was 12. "Da-aad, I'm on the phone!"

Still loving our house and still looking for a good martini. Actually, I've kind of given up on it here ever since the time I went to an event at a hotel and asked for a glass of red wine and the teen bartender did not know the difference between red and white wine. Honestly. So now I save (and savor) my martini experiences for London.

I will try to keep this blog up now, especially since I'm trying to link into Facebook as another way to keep in touch with friends and family spread out all over the world.

No comments: